Monday, August 10, 2009

Refashion

This shirt was my inspiration! I like the color and the lace decoration on the front. I knew that it was destined to be refashioned into a dress. I simply took the dress in at the shoulders and the sides and added a ruffle. I love the way it turned out. It is an original play dress. She can run around on the playground with the boys and still look cute.

She is quite the model too. She came up with those moves all by herself.


Why refashion?
Refashioning enables me to improve my sewing skills. The more that I practice the better I get. Unfortunately, it is really addictive. I can't wait to sew the next dress. I think about the color combinations and styles. Oh the fun! Oh the creativity!
Of course, there are many other reasons that I refashion:
1. economic -obviously
2. environmental
3. originality- everyone basically buys the same kids clothes from the same stores-no one will have these unique outfits (maybe pieces of the outfits- haha)

Thank you to all the people that give me hand-me-down clothes. Of course, thank you to all the fabulous people that keep giving me fabric! Ah the happiness it brings!

No comments: