Sunday, February 15, 2009

Crock Pot BBQ

I thought that I should pass this easy meal along to you. Today I made slow cooker BBQ. This is what I did:

I took a chuck roast and seasoned it with garlic powder, salt and pepper. I put it in the crock pot. I dumped some bottled BBQ sauce and some liquid smoke into the crock pot too. I cooked it all day-6 hours or so on high. You can tell when it is getting done- it is tender. I took the meat out and shredded it and then put it back in the crock pot to mix with the sauce. I served the BBQ beef on toasted buns with a side of baked beans and broccoli. I think slaw or a salad would be good but that didn't happen for us.

Nina ate her entire sandwich. My husband liked it. Betsy ate some of it- but she never eats all of anything unless it is a bread product.

There are variations of this recipe all over the web. This one works for me. Try it. You might like it.

No comments: