Monday, January 21, 2008

Dolls and Embroidery



Here are pictures of my unfinished doll. She is the Ruby doll. You can download the free pattern from http://weewonderfuls.typepad.com/. I love her website and the dolls that she makes. This is the first doll that I have ever attempted. I will finish her tonight and post a picture of her finished. I think that it will be a gift for Betsy's birthday. I love the doll's little sweet face!



I also have decided to try my hand at embroidery. I am going to make sachets with a monogram on one side. I got a couple of books from the library that helped me with the stitches. The design is all mine. I am proud of it for my first time since I was a little girl and I worked on a sampler. I am so fortunate to have had a mother that passed on her love of sewing in all forms! She even made me a coat when I was a little girl!






1 comment:

SharonAnnie said...

The doll is just precious, and the embroidery is really, really good.

You should be very proud of yourself!